Did Strike 3 Holdings, LLC subpoena your ISP to identify you in a copyright infringement lawsuit? Are you currently the target of a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by their attorneys? If so, our Strike 3 Holdings defense lawyer, Brad V. Shuttleworth, Esq., is ready to mount a serious legal strategy on your behalf. He and his legal team at Shuttleworth Law P.C. have shielded people from the consequences of millions in civil penalties and reputational damage throughout the U.S.
Brad was the ONLY one who facilitated a face to face meeting online over Google Meet. I knew after speaking with him that I wanted him to represent me in this matter. He just seemed very thorough and knowledgeable. A couple of the other attorneys I spoke to had poor responsiveness which is alarming when that happens BEFORE you pay to retain their services. I'm not in the same state as he is but that did not matter.Brad was able to work with the other party and get this issue resolved fairly and quickly.
You can't go wrong with Atty. Shuttleworth.
He's a true professional!
Brad's performance in the trial was swift, calculated, and methodical. In what seemed like just a few minutes, Brad picked apart the claimants case against me, and the judge swiftly ruled in my favor. A year of anxiety gone! Brad is well worth the money spent and I recommend him without reservation.
If you need help Brad is the person to connect with.
He has truly impressed us and he is our go to person If we’re ever in need of his legal assistance again
Our firm will provide you with the personalized, accessible legal advice you deserve while considering multiple strategies that mitigate your losses if any at all. However, the clock is ticking on your ability to respond to Strike 3 Holdings’ subpoena or complaint. Missing a court deadline may jeopardize your rights. Get solid legal advice from an experienced and award-winning copyright infringement attorney with national experience by connecting with Shuttleworth Law P.C.
Schedule Your Free Case Evaluation with Brad
Strike 3 Holdings, LLC could theoretically get a court order that forces you to pay them hundreds of thousands or millions in civil damages. Don’t let them win by default; these cases are highly defensible. Call Brad for your Free Case Evaluation now at 888-529-3486. You can also confidentially message him directly about your case here.
About Brad V. Shuttleworth, Esq.
Brad V. Shuttleworth, Esq. is known throughout the United States as a results-driven and empathetic attorney. He takes a customized approach to EVERY case that originates from his office and takes professional pride in seeing his clients gain advantage over “the big guys” under the protection of his knowledge, resources, and skills.
“Strike 3 Holdings, LLC is making a killing in civil damages over these subpoenas and lawsuits. I don’t know what you did or did not do to get sued. However, that doesn’t matter because you are innocent until they prove otherwise. All that matters is what they can prove, and I am here to challenge flimsy accusations mounted against you or to get you the best result. If you decide hiring me is best for your case, we will hit them back with a great defense.”Brad V. Shuttleworth, Esq., Founder and Copyright Defense Lawyer
From his offices based out of Pennsylvania and South Jersey, Brad and the team at Shuttleworth Law P.C. can handle even the toughest of copyright infringement cases that could be or are pending against individuals like you. Trust Brad to avoid identification, penalties, and reputational damage with a solid defense when the stakes are high.
What Strike 3 Holdings, LLC Wants from You
Strike 3 Holdings, LLC wants to identify you by subpoenaing your current or former ISP based on the alleged infringing IP address. If they I.D. you, they plan to sue you for downloading their pornographic films via a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing networks, such as LimeWire, KaZaa, uTorrent, and BitTorrent.
They Want Your Money
Strike 3 Holdings scare a lot of people. If identified and sued, your involvement with their copyrights could become public information. However, most people do not know that these cases are HIGHLY defensible. Sure, their company has recovered millions from ignored lawsuits (HINT: DON’T IGNORE THEM), but you do not have to be another person unfairly paying them with your life savings.
Who Is Strike 3 Holdings, LLC?
Strike 3 Holdings, LLC is an adult film production company that holds copyrights to a wide range of explicit movies. Some even believe that they are copyright trolls. With a reputation for vindicating their copyrights, Strike 3 Holdings has gained notoriety for filing numerous copyright infringement lawsuits against individuals accused of unauthorized downloading and distributing their films.
Some of these films include:
Although we don’t necessarily agree with others calling them copyright trolls because they have legitimate claims for infringement of properly registered copyrighted works, the company’s use of lawsuits over these movies has come under scrutiny. Despite the controversy surrounding their practices, Strike 3 Holdings has been awarded high-dollar settlements by courts nationwide. Additionally, they have obtained finalized orders that compel internet service providers (ISPs) to identify individuals.
Fight Their Subpoena with a Strike 3 Holdings Defense Lawyer
Shuttleworth Law P.C. is a copyright defense firm representing high-stakes cases throughout the United States. Our legal team prioritizes strong defenses and client accessibility. Learn more about how we can help you during a Free Case Evaluation at 888-529-3486 or online, virtually, or by phone.
You Have Legal Options to Strike Down Strike 3
Receiving a subpoena from Strike 3 Holdings is a disturbing experience for many to say the least. Knowledge is power in this situation because you may realize you have more options than you initially thought.
However, if their subpoena is successful, the following details about you could be released to Strike 3 Holdings attorneys:
- Account number
- Internet protocol (I.P.) address
- Any other legally obtainable info
What Is a Subpoena Deuces Tecum?
A Subpoena Deuces Tecum (pronounced sub-peena doo-sez tee-koom) is a formal request from a court asking someone or a company to provide the evidence requested. In the case of Strike 3, they are subpoenaing your current or former ISP for information about your identity.
Legal Options for Responding to the Subpoena
You have every legal right to try and fight this copyright lawsuit on your own. HOWEVER (and that is a BIG, however), a 2019 study by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts found that pro se parties in federal civil cases won only 1.3% of their cases, compared to 31.3% for represented people. So, while there are no guarantees, this vast difference highlights a 2300% INCREASE in chances of statistically winning your case by hiring an experienced Strike 3 Holdings defense lawyer alone.
So, what are your options for fighting the subpoena you received? Here is a quick breakdown:
- Option A. Motion to Quash: A motion to quash is a formal response seeking to invalidate the subpoena. This option may be used if the subpoena is deemed illegal, without jurisdiction, outside geographic limits, overly burdensome, or requests privileged information. Shuttleworth Law P.C. can evaluate the grounds for filing a motion to quash and present counterarguments to the court.
- Option B. Motion for Protective Order: By filing a motion for a protective order, you can prevent the ISP from disclosing your information to Strike 3 Holdings. However, the lawsuit could still proceed against you as an anonymous “John Doe” defendant. Under Rule 26 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, you bear the burden of providing a valid reason for granting the protective order.
Protect your rights by enlisting the experience of a skilled Strike 3 Holdings defense lawyer. With the guidance of Brad V. Shuttleworth and his team at Shuttleworth Law P.C., you can effectively navigate the legal process and work toward a favorable resolution based on your chosen strategy. The key is to act fast on whatever strategy you decide to take.
Your Options Once Strike 3 Holdings Files a Lawsuit
The reality is that Strike 3’s subpoenas are usually within the right federal district and geographical area. That leaves you with only TWO options to make sure that you’re protecting your rights:
- Option A. Negotiate a Settlement: Strike 3 Holdings is often willing to settle cases out of court. Settlement negotiations can be viable, especially if you face financial constraints or seek to avoid lengthy proceedings. An attorney can skillfully negotiate on your behalf to reach a reasonable settlement that does not violate your rights.
- Option B. Go to Trial: If you believe you have a strong defense against their copyright infringement allegations, you may choose to defend yourself in federal civil court. However, this option is often time-consuming and expensive and may not guarantee a favorable outcome. Shuttleworth Law P.C. will assess the merits of your defense and advise you on the likelihood of success in court. Regardless of your decision, you can be sure that your Strike 3 Holdings LLC defense attorney will stand in lockstep and be by your side.
Other serious considerations when going up against Strike 3 Holdings, LLC, include:
- Do not ignore it: Ignoring the subpoena or a lawsuit can have severe consequences, including liability for the lawsuit’s expenses and the opponent’s attorney’s fees. Therefore, acting promptly and seeking legal guidance without delay is essential.
- No self-incrimination: Without legal advice, responding to the subpoena yourself is strongly discouraged. Inadvertent admissions during a telephone call or errors in the response could jeopardize your defense and strengthen Strike 3 Holdings’ position.
- Keep your evidence: Maintain copies of all subpoena-related documents, including the subpoena itself, correspondence with Strike 3 Holdings, and any records of your internet usage. These documents may be crucial for establishing your defense or supporting fair use claims. Remember that If the case proceeds to court, the burden of proving innocence falls upon you.
Navigating a Strike 3 Holdings subpoena can be complex. Seeking legal counsel from an experienced and proven copyright defense attorney is paramount to safeguarding your rights, evaluating your options, and pursuing the most effective course of action. Timely action, careful documentation, and a resourceful defense are essential for supporting a favorable outcome.
Shuttleworth Law P.C. Is Ready to Help You Achieve Results
You are not responsible for the civil and reputational damages instituted by Strike 3 Holdings, LLC, when they do not have a viable case against you. But you cannot ignore their lawsuits, either. Hold them accountable to the law and your rights by getting legal advice from an experienced national copyright defense attorney. Get your Confidential and Free Case Evaluation now by calling 888-529-3486. You can also message Brad about a virtual or telephone session here.